In the summer of 2006, members of SIL and New Tribes agreed to co-sponsor a gathering in September to look at issues of child abuse and safety for the greater missions community.
Numerous agencies have been working in this area, in terms of current and historical abuse investigations, policy development, programs and treatment; but no one had brought different organizations together to address issues as a group.
The result of that meeting was to encourage multi-agency participation in a task force to develop, refine, and enhance policies, procedures, and resources for ensuring current and future child safety. This is the current mission statement of this task force:
As an outcome of the September 2006 Inter-Agency leadership consultation regarding issues of Child Safety and Abuse Response in missions, and in support of our common desire to provide a safe and rich experience for the children of our staff, we are resolved to collaborate in our efforts to:
- Develop and deliver child safety education and curriculum
- Share quality resources to promote child safety and
- Develop effective response and care protocols
Representatives from any mission agency are encouraged to participate.
The CS&PN Statement of Faith
At the CSPN USA Annual Conference held this past February 2012, a statement of faith was adopted as part of its articles of association.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.